Police officer praised as hero after saving woman's life

555 A South Mississippi police officer is being hailed as a hero after saving the life of a woman attempting to jump to her death from a high rise bridge. Body camera video shows just how close a call it was and just how heroic Sgt. Eric Webb acted. On the afternoon of Feb. 1, Moss Point Police received a call that a woman was sitting on the Highway 613 bridge and appeared to be about to jump. Sgt. Webb was the first officer to arrive. "I was pretty concerned at that point, worried for her safety, wasn't too sure exactly what was going on," Webb recalled. There was more conversation, but the time to act was imminent. "Well, I wanted to make sure it was quick. It had to be fast. So I had to make sure I had my grip right and needed to be perfect actually," Webb said. Then it happened. He grabbed her jacket and pulled her to safety from the six-inch ledge. No training can prepare you for this, but something else did, Webb explained. "I've ran through the situation in my mind several times just to try and help prepare myself for it, and I believe that helped me tremendously," he said. After the rescue, a note was found in the woman's car. "She basically just said that she had reached a point in her life where she had enough of what was going on and couldn't deal with it anymore," Webb said. For Webb, the memory of that day won't be going away soon.

from Liveleak.com Rss Feed - Featured https://ift.tt/2BRNJHF

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés